Ear Candles encourage relaxation and allows the body to recover and feel recharged. Light one up today!
Why Should I Ear Candle?
The use of ear candles encourages relaxation, which as part of a healthy lifestyle, may help living well with:
How To Ear Candle:
Follow these easy Ear Candle directions for a relaxing experience!
What you will need:
Small bowl with water
Matches or a lighter
Harmony’s Ear Candles®
How to use Ear Candles:
1. Lie on your side with your ear facing up towards the ceiling, while pushing hair away from the ear.
2. Put Ear Candle through a hole in your paper plate, ignite the larger end of the Harmony’s Ear Candles.
3. Gently put the small end of ear candle and hold the ear candle during the entire process. (Always use a second person during this process)
4. When the ear candle burns down to the burn line, extinguish the candle in water.
Caution: Open flame can cause burn injury; therefore, ALWAYS use two people when candling. The second person holds the ear candle and informs the user when the flame has reached the burn line. Keep all flammable materials and hair away from a burning candle. If you feel uncomfortable, stop using the candle.
How often do I use Harmony’s Ear Candles? We suggest using at least two or three per ear during each session. Each Ear Candle lasts approximately 12-15 minutes. A session runs normally an hour to an hour and a half.
Not a Medical Device: Harmony’s Ear Candles are intended for personal relaxation and wellbeing purposes only. They are NOT a medical device, in addition ear candles are NOT intended for and do NOT remove ear wax or other substances from the ear. In brief, Harmony’s Candles are NOT designed, manufactured or intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment, cure or prevention of disease or medical condition.
Disclaimer: Harmony’s Candles are a personal relaxation and wellbeing product; furthermore, do not use Harmony’s Ear Candles as a substitute for professional medical services and treatment. Consequently, we cannot and do not assume liability for any damage or injury that may occur from improper or careless misuse. Use caution and common sense with this product. User has the responsibility for proper and safe use of Harmony’s Ear Candles and assumes all liabilities associated with that personal wellbeing responsibility. This information is distributed for consumer information and safety under the First Amendment to the Constitution for the United States of America.
Why Harmony’s Ear Candles?
Harmony’s Ear Candles are helpful, natural, and are now being sold direct to you and the finest natural health stores in the world. See the difference in our craftsmanship, high-quality candle materials, and superior service. We are your choice for premium ear candles!
What makes HEAL better than the competition? Harmony’s Ear Candles are the only ear candles on the market that are made with Certified Organic Cotton. Harmony’s Ear Candles is the leader in safety due to our “Stop Here” safety burnline and USA patented safety tip. Doc Harmony has chosen locally collected beeswax and/or the highest quality food-grade wax to make her ear candles; in addition, we are the only company that double-wraps their candles to achieve a longer burn time.
Doc Harmony’s Story starts in 1991…
Dr. Harmony’s story begins with Christopher, her son, who was diagnosed with an ear infection. During the next 6 months, he was given several rounds of antibiotics, however none of them worked. As a matter of fact, the last antibiotic he ever took caused him to vomit them up violently. At this point, she thought, “enough is enough”.
However, Harmony really had no idea where to go or what solutions were available. At the time, she was working at the largest utility company in the Southeast Region of the States. She believed that she was on the fast track to success in Corporate America with her Bachelor’s Degree in International Studies.
But as she watched her son’s health decline, she finally remembered a Naturopathic doctor that lived in Georgia, Dr. Berryhill. She visited Dr. Berryhill and he recommended ear candles. Due to her ignorance and lack of education, Harmony thought it was an incredibly strange idea. On the other hand, she had no other options. The thought of lighting a candle and putting it into her son’s ear made no sense to her!
Using Ear Candles for the First Time…
Out of desperation, she went and purchased ear candles from a local health food store. She used 4 ear candles on her son’s ear while he watched “The Little Mermaid” and sucked on a lollipop.
As she candled Christopher, he became more and more relaxed, she realized that the candles were not hurting him. They seemed to be providing him with relief and comfort. The fact that he never had an ear infection again was pretty convincing to her. Shortly after the candling session, Dr. Berryhill would call Harmony and encourage her to “make ear candles and sell them”. He promised to teach her what he knew as he had been trained at the Royal Academy of London. As a matter of fact, Dr. Berryhill, is part of the lineage to be the Queen’s doctor. Harmony took his advice and knowledge and then created her first ear candle in 1991.
Entering the Natural Healthcare Community…
Coincidentally, she had begun working with the Natural Health Food Industry on DSHEA in Georgia. This was the Dietary Supplement Health Education Act and was extremely critical in protecting supplements in the United States. While Harmony did not know much about the natural health industry, she did know that people had a Right to choose their own Health Care. Regardless of if it was allopathic medicine or natural health choices.
Under the direction of Dr. Berryhill, she began selling ear candles in 1992. She really enjoyed getting to know the local natural health food community. Due to her work with DSHEA, they welcomed her with open arms and received her ear candles and story with an open heart. Harmony would travel as a homeschooling family, taking field trips and visiting health food stores along the way in Georgia, Florida, and Tennessee. She is so grateful that they were able to grow up as a family. They discovered the natural health community, while working and schooling together. Harmony shared her ear candles with her local homeschooling, midwife and neighborhood communities. All of which were amazed at the deeply relaxing effects on the families.
Dr. Harmony PhD…
More remarkable was the improvement in the health when ear candles were used when the body was under stressful situations. During the time, Harmony also elected to return to school and obtain her Masters and Doctorate in the Science of Natural Health. Her final academic achievement was her dissertation on ear candles which revealed many of the misconceptions surrounding ear candles. This helped pave the way for proper education and ear candle usage, as well as set the stage worldwide for the proper classification of ear candles. Ear Candles are not a medical device. They are for relaxation purposes for the stresses upon the body.
From our Families to Yours…
Harmony’s Story continues as her customer base grew, she knew that she could not continue making ear candles on her own while homeschooling her children. Every night her family would make ear candles and they knew they needed help. Harmony went to her local homeschooling community and offered jobs to homeschooling families and in particular, single mothers. Being a single mother for a while, Harmony truly wanted to help other single mothers so that they too could stay at home with their children and watch them grow.
Eventually Harmony’s team of families grew to include Native Americans, people with disabilities and her elders. Harmony had implemented Fair Trade principles before they had been developed in the work of marketing. Working with those in need, providing training, flexible hours, and quotas, basically allowing each family to mold their own working lifestyle, she was able to grow to become the largest hand crafted ear candle company in the word.
Going Carbon Neutral…
During the early years at Harmony Cone Ear Candles, Harmony wanted to neutralize her carbon footprint upon the Earth. Upon 20 acres, her family was able to generate their own electricity for the family and Harmony Cone. Using less than an acre to do this, they were able to protect the remaining land, trees and the animals from clear cutting or deforestation. Harmony and her family also began to do organic gardening and have grown as many as 40 different types of herbs, and varieties of vegetables and fruit. Being able to teach her children the importance of the planet, the land, and our relationship to it has been so very rewarding. They still cut wood to keep warm in the winter. They understand and respect the relationship between the fallen tree the land has provided and the wood burning stoves that keep them all warm during winter.
Creating the World’s Safest Ear Candle…
During the next several years, Harmony and her husband continued to make changes to their ear candles, focusing on improvements in safety and efficacy. They were the first to double wrap their candles, with a comfortable pointed tip. They were the first in the USA to use a label to indicate when to extinguish the candle. To ensure the safety of their ear candles worldwide, they were the first also to implement a USA patented safety tip that also accelerates the vortex. Their website continues to be the stopping place for education, history and efficacy.
Appachi Eco Logic Cotton…
In a never ending quest to find the finest raw materials to handcraft their ear candles, Dr. Harmony found a family with a similar story of their own. Appachi Cotton, located in India, was suffering from the pesticides and GMO seeds of Mansanto. Their land, business, and families were being destroyed.
Appachi Cotton decided that enough was enough and they started joining with other local families, farmers, and weavers to gain back control of their land, their history, and their cotton. Over time, they became sustainable, restored the land and its animals, and became a Certified Organic Cotton farm. In 2011, Harmony and her husband decided to purchase all of their cotton from this local community of families. In 2012, Harmony and her families produced the first and only Certified Organic Cotton ear candle in the world.
Australia, Brazil, Costa Rica, Columbia, European Union have granted approval for Harmony’s Certified Organic, Sustainable, and Fair Trade principled Ear Candles.
In 2010, the FDA issued 17 warning letters to ear candle companies. At this point, the FDA targeted the larger companies and asked for settlements under the guise of GMP violations. Since Harmony had no GMP violations, she refused to settle. Instead they spear headed a lawsuit against the FDA, which took them all the way to the Supreme Court and which has now evolved into a Citizen Petition. Read and Sign the Petition here.
Twenty-eight years later, Harmony and her family remain diligent in educating the world about natural health.
Certified Organic Cotton
Cotton cloth and wax make up all ear candles. At HEAL we use Certified Organic Cotton. As a result, we are the ONLY Ear Candles in the world made with organic cotton cloth. Here is our certificate of compliance from Appachi Eco Logic Cotton, our exclusive supplier.
Finally, visit our new partner at www.appachicotton.com to learn more about their story.
Their story is a happy one. It is a story of hope. Farmers and weavers finding a sustainable source of income, while reaping the rewards of their hard work. Learn about the elimination of chemicals and pesticide, as a result elephants and endangered tigers getting a second chance of survival. It is a peaceful resolution to the man-animal conflict raging for decades. In conclusion, it is the story of beautiful harmony between the modern world and the traditional, of the perfect balance between man and nature. Who else could we choose to provide us with our cotton cloth to make Harmony’s Ear Candles.
- Creating Opportunities for Economically Disadvantaged Producers: The families of Happy Energy Amazing Life, LLC are from rural areas. They are single mothers, people with disabilities, home schooling families and elders. We encourage economic self-sufficiency and ownership as each family works out of their own homes establishing a working lifestyle that is beneficial to themselves and their families.
- Transparency and Accountability: The families of Happy Energy Amazing Life, LLC are a part of day to day decisions, including all of the processes that affect (themselves) in the handcrafting of our ear candles. Keeping communication channels open and clear at all levels of the supply chain as well as within our families is a key ingredient to our success. In conclusion, promoting transparency in changes, issues and creating accountability for all helps create the best Ear Candle product in the world.
- Fair Trading Practices: The families that contract with Happy Energy Amazing Life, LLC work according to their self created work schedule and quotas. Quotas are discussed in open discussion; therefore, allowing the team of families to help support each other.
- Payment of a Fair Price: All parties have agreed on fair pricing using open dialogue, participation and contracts.
- Ensuring no Child Labor and Forced Labor: None of Happy Energy Amazing Life, LLC families use forced labor in their homes. Families work together at their own pace set by their own quotas that they set themselves. They handcraft ear candles when it is convenient for themselves.
- Commitment to Non Discrimination, Gender Equity and Women’s Economic Empowerment and Freedom of Association: Happy Energy Amazing Life, LLC believe in a work environment that is made up of multi ethnic, religious, and sexual orientation families. One of our common goals is to handcraft the only Certified Organic Ear Candle in the world that is sustainable and based on Fair Trade principles. Dr. Harmony and her family works with each family to ensure the families health and wellbeing. Working together as a team without a master/servant relationship enhances the quality and values at Happy Energy Amazing Life, LLC
- Ensuring Good Working Conditions: The working families at Happy Energy Amazing Life, LLC create their own work hours according to what works best for them. We build these work stations according to good manufacturing processes, established in the USA. These work stations are inspected twice a year. We ensure cleanliness and GMP guidelines.
- Providing Capacity Building: Harmony works with the families to help achieve their personal goals and dreams. Whether it is religious, political, education or a dream to become an actress, Dr. Harmony encourages and promotes the self building/education of oneself, as a result creating opportunities for them.
- Promoting Fair Trade: Promoting Fair Trade, Sustainable and Organic is an integral part of Happy Energy Amazing Life, LLC’s education and marketing platform. We believe that the best way to do business is a sustainable way that is based on the belief of Fair Trade principles.
- Respect for the Environment: Harmony’s Ear Candles are the only ear candles in the world that use sustainable certified organic cotton in conjunction with a high food grade wax. This wax produces the least amount of particulates as compared to lesser waxes. Harmony’s candles also arrive to your door step with a carbon neutral foot print because the time has come for us to wake up and take care of the only planet we have.
Frequently Asked Questions
Doc Harmony answers all your frequently asked questions.
What are Ear Candles?
Ear Candles encourage relaxation, which as part of a healthy lifestyle, may help living well with every imbalance. All Ear Candles are not made equally. You have never really used ear candles until you have tried Harmony’s Ear Candles.
What makes Harmony’s Ear Candles?
How do they work?
Ear Candles allow the body to shift from a sympathetic (stressed) state to a Parasympathetic (relaxed) state. When this happens one is able to return to a state of wellbeing.
Are Ear Candles safe?
When properly handcrafted and when following directions properly, ear candles are 100% safe.
Can I do it at home?
Absolutely! Ear candles are a family tradition.
Can I do it by myself?
NEVER use ear candles without a second person. Ear Candling involves an open flame that needs to be watched all the time.
How many Ear Candles would I use?
“My wife and I consistently use your product. We both feel better overall afterwards. We feel our mind & body is cleared and refreshed.“ -Andrew L. of Virginia Beach, VA
“I have used a couple different types of ear candles. I tried your Harmony’s Ear Candles and I couldn’t believe the difference. These ear candles are by far the best. I will never use anything but Harmony’s Ear Candles.” -Antoinette S. of Ortonville, MI
“I have always had a problem with my balance & started using your ear candles a while back. These ear candles are awesome.” -Julie H. of Salem, NC
“I was a little frightened at first, but my friend persuaded me to try it. Boy, am I hooked now! I suffer from chronic headaches, and the ear candling has helped tremendously. “ -Leann P. of Winston, NC
“We have sold ear candles for many years and find that the customers who use them come back with many stories about how wonderfully they worked. Thank you so much for your beautifully made ear candles and ear oils. We appreciate the training available to our store and your very informative website.” -Lauren R. of Country Vitamins in Corvallis, OR
“During a recent flight, I was in a lot of pain and felt a lot of pressure in my head. The passenger next to me recommended ear candling. Right after landing, I stopped at the nearest health food store and picked up a pack of Harmony’s Ear Candles. Within 30 minutes of the session, I felt very relaxed and at ease. I will definitely be candling after all my flights from now on.” -Yvonne M. of Roanoke, AL
“I have heard different things about ear candling and wanted to give it a try. I purchased a set of Harmony’s Ear Candles and tried them out with my daughter. We decided to do this together one night and I was pleasantly surprised with the results. We both used 2 ear candles per ear and I found myself pretty relaxed and calm. I know I will ear candle again in the near future. Way cheaper than getting a massage!” -Renee T, Villa Rica, GA