Why Topical Magnesium is Very Important Mineral For All Women| June 08, 2021
- Magnesium can be easily applied with transdermal products such as gels, lotions, body butters, sprays and flakes.
- Magnesium is extremely beneficial in improving muscle health, bone health, and overall wellbeing.
Over time, the beneficial values of magnesium for women have been a topic of debate in the fitness realm. In this article, we will be looking at what magnesium is, and why every woman should be using it. We will also review some of the best ways to make sure you are getting a sufficient amount of this amazing mineral into your body.
It is very surprising to know that in today’s world half of the population is lacking in magnesium, especially since it has rightfully earned its nickname as “magnificent magnesium.” Magnesium has the ability to make sure that hundreds of chemical reactions run smoothly without a single glitch in the body. Without proper levels of magnesium, one can expect to have CVD issues, diabetic issues, and a general lack of wellbeing.
What is Magnesium?
Magnesium, as used in this context, is a co-enzyme with the right composition to help in the control of different important body functions such as sleep, muscle function, blood pressure, mood control, diabetes, oral health, bone health, etc.
Let’s take a look at a number of important reasons why magnesium is such an essential mineral for women, especially for those that enjoy going to the gym and getting their daily exercise.
Why Fit Women Need A Healthy Daily Intake of Magnesium
Do you find yourself frequently at the gym, running on the treadmill or lifting weights, and wake up the next morning feeling as if your muscles might slip off the bone entirely? Magnesium is not only great for muscle cramps, it contributes to the flexibility of your muscles and helps to prevent injury by loosening tight muscles. Without the sufficient amount of magnesium, lactic acid builds up which is known to cause that post work-out strain.
Here are some of the reasons you should incorporate magnesium into your gym routine:
- Muscle cramps: This is a very popular use of magnesium. Using magnesium lotions, gels, flakes, oils and body butters will allow you to easily apply a dose of magnesium to the affected area where you are cramping. Applying magnesium transdermally works very quickly, so you will feel relief within just a few minutes after the application. If you have some time to spare, after you hit the gym, come home to soak in a hot bath infused with magnesium flakes that will allow your muscles to relax and prepare you for your next intense leg day!
- Bones: Greater intake of magnesium is related to greater bone mass density. Using magnesium transdermally is an extremely effective way to support and maintain bone health efficiently and economically. Your bones grow stronger with your muscles as you exercise. With magnesium, this process is amplified to ensure stronger, healthier bones, naturally!
- Exercise recovery and performance: A study in the Journal of Sports Science and Medicine discovered that there was a positive effect on both resting and post exercise blood pressure when the subjects used magnesium supplementation. 
- Overall: Magnesium also improves muscle flexibility and helps develop stronger muscles, while supporting your cardiovascular health.
As you can see, it is little wonder that magnesium has been labeled “magnificent magnesium.
There are different methods of applying magnesium, however, applying magnesium directly onto the skin facilitates easier absorption of active ingredients, while preventing the need for them to pass through the digestive system. This characteristic has further endeared the transdermal use of magnesium lotions, gels, flakes, oils and body butters as a popular form of medication.
Application and Dosage:
The recommended daily intake of magnesium for men is between 400-420 mg per day. Click here for our free guide on how to use magnesium lotions, gels, flakes, oils and body butters:
There is a lot to learn about this mineral, however, this article focuses on highlighting some of the most important things to note for men. Researches are still discovery everyday more and more use cases of magnesium. Stay tuned for updates.
Magnesium benefits are profound. Avoid a magnesium deficiency and stay healthy. Start with eating foods high in magnesium. Beware of symptoms of magnesium deficiency. Using magnesium chloride is easy. Learn how to use magnesium lotions, gels, flakes, oils and body butters to maintain healthy levels of magnesium in your body.
 Cinar V et al. Effects of magnesium supplementation on testosterone levels of athletes and sedentary subjects at rest and after exhaustion. Biological Trace Element Research 2011 Apr; 140(1): 18-23
 Kass LS et al. A pilot study on the effects of magnesium supplementation with high and low habitual dietary magnesium intake on resting and recovery from aerobic and resistance exercise and systolic blood pressure. Journal of Sports Science and Medicine 2013 Mar 1; 12(1): 144-50
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.