Magnesium is Very Important for Mothers
- Magnesium can be easily applied using transdermal products such as gels, lotions, body butters, sprays and flakes.
- Magnesium is extremely beneficial in improving muscle health, bone health, and overall wellbeing.
In this article, we will be looking at what magnesium is and why every mom should be using it. We will also review some of the best ways to be certain you are getting a sufficient amount of this amazing mineral into your body.
It is very surprising to know that in today’s world half of the population is lacking in magnesium, especially since it is considered a ‘miracle mineral’. Magnesium has the ability to balance hundreds of chemical reactions run smoothly without a single glitch in the body. Without proper levels of magnesium, one can expect to have CVD issues, diabetic issues, and a general lack of wellbeing.
What is Magnesium?
Magnesium, as used in this context, is a co-enzyme with the right composition to help in controlling the different important body functions such as sleep, muscle function, blood pressure, mood control, diabetes, oral health, bone health, and many more important functions.
Let’s take a look at a number of important reasons why magnesium is such an essential mineral for women, especially for those that enjoy going to the gym and getting their daily exercise.
Why Moms in particular?
Being “on call” 24 hours a day can be pretty exhausting. This can take a toll on your hormones, adrenaline and cause you to be cranky, sleepy and begin to take on unhealthy symptoms. Mom’s never seem to catch a break and take care of themselves. Magnesium is an easy ‘fuel’ to help replenish your bodies needs and keep you healthy.
Why Moms Need A Healthy Daily Intake of Magnesium
Do you ever find yourself lying in bed at night with restless legs or cramps? Do you ever pull a muscle and/or just stretch too hard during your normal daily routine? Magnesium is not only great for muscle cramps, it contributes to the flexibility of your muscles and helps to prevent injury by loosening tight muscles.
Here are some of the reasons you should incorporate magnesium into your daily lotion.
- Muscle cramps: This is a very popular use of magnesium. Using magnesium lotions, gels, flakes, oils and body butters will allow you to easily apply a dose of magnesium to the affected area where you are cramping. Applying magnesium topically works very quickly, so you will feel relief within just a few minutes after the application. If you have any time to spare during your day, soak in a warm bath infused with magnesium flakes that will allow your muscles to relax and prepare you for your next intense leg day!
- Bones: Greater intake of magnesium is related to greater bone mass density. Using magnesium topically is an extremely effective way to support and maintain bone health efficiently and economically. Your bones grow stronger with your muscles as you exercise. With magnesium, this process is amplified to ensure stronger, healthier bones, naturally!
- PMS: Magnesium is necessary in the metabolism or breakdown of estrogen. The more estrogen one has the more magnesium is needed. Your levels of estrogen and progesterone affect your magnesium levels. Ever wonder why you crave chocolate (a magnesium rich food)? It is your body’s way of letting you know during this cyclical period that you your magnesium levels have dropped significantly. Increasing your magnesium will help to level out those PMS swings.
- Headaches and Cramps: When magnesium levels drop, as indicated above, they also drop in the smooth muscle cells surrounding the blood vessels in your brain. Magnesium will help alleviate these muscle spasms and cramps, which restrict the blood flow, which can cause premenstrual migraines. To help with those cramps, using magnesium helps the process of muscle relaxation after each contraction.
- Relaxation: Magnesium is the most powerful relaxation mineral. Rubbing it into your skin or soaking in a magnesium flake bath helps with anything that is tight, crampy, or stiff, including your attitude!
- Overall: Magnesium also improves muscle flexibility and helps develop stronger muscles, while supporting your cardiovascular health.
As you can see, it is little wonder that magnesium has been labeled a miracle mineral.
There are different methods of taking in magnesium; however, applying magnesium directly onto the skin facilitates easier absorption of active ingredients, while preventing the need for them to pass through the digestive system. This characteristic has further endeared the transdermal use of magnesium oil, gels, and lotions as a popular form of medication.
Application and Dosage: ( why is this dosage for men but the above article is for moms and mentions pms? )
There is a lot to learn about this mineral, however, this article focuses on highlighting some of the most important things to note for men. Researches are still discovery everyday more and more use cases of magnesium. Stay tuned for updates.
Magnesium benefits are profound. Avoid a magnesium deficiency and stay healthy. Start with eating foods high in magnesium. Beware of symptoms of magnesium deficiency. Using magnesium chloride is easy. Learn how to use magnesium lotions, gels, flakes, oils and body butters to maintain healthy levels of magnesium in your body.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.