Want a closer look at the World's Purest Natural Magnesium Chloride?
- Zechstein Inside® salt is the purest natural magnesium chloride and is the most noble salt in the world
- Zechstein Sea existed approximately 250 million years ago.
- Zechstein Sea was separated several times from the ocean .
- Zechstein Sea experienced 5 cycles over a period of approximately 10 millions of years.
- Zechstein Sea salt deposits located in the NW of Europe at approximately 1500 m below the surface
- Exploitable magnesium chloride hexahydrate deposits settled in the North of the Netherlands.
- Zechstein Sea has never been exposed to modern pollution .
- Zechstein Inside® magnesium chloride is collected using solution mining technology
- The density of the magnesium chloride solution 32% (“magnesium oil ”) is greater than 1,30 kg/l
Zechstein Minerals has been established in 2006 to serve the cosmetic and medical markets with the naturally very pure magnesium chloride (Bischofite mineral) out of the Zechstein source. The Zechstein source of Nedmag is located nearby Veendam, Netherlands.
The History begins 250 Million Years Ago.
More than 250 million years ago, Zechstein Sea was an inner sea near the equator. Over the course of millions of years, the sea went through 5 cycles of evaporation and flooding, leaving behind a layer of the purest magnesium salt.
The genesis of the unique Zechstein source starts shortly after the last great evaporation cycle On the salt flats (blue and red layer relatively small puddles with magnesium chloride (gray top) arose Figure a), the seabed at Veendam caved in, the aforementioned rift confluence causing magnesium chloride puddles from the outline miles away to merge ..(black arrows in the map) In the following millions of years, the first deposits above the salt appeared and salt flowed slowly in NW direction white arrows in blue) These growing deposits exerted pressure on the salt packet causing the first deformations Figure b) During the growth of more and more deposits there were also stable periods Figure c), but later, tectonic forces moved the salt upward Salt from the valleys and surroundings transformed into salt mountains This resulted in the high concentration of magnesium salts in the Veendam Salt Pillow Figure d) Nowadays on the NW side of the Veendam Salt Pillow we find a unique huge concentration of magnesium salt with pure natural magnesium chloride gathered in layers with a thickness up to tens of meters.
Magnesium is a Life Essential. magnesium chloride that crystallized 250 million years ago from the ancient Zechstein Sea is an immense natural health treasure. We all still carry the ancient inner sea within us in the form of fluid surrounding our cells.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.